- 1-1/4 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, onion, chives, basil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper. Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Roll each pastry sheet into an 11-in. x 10-1/2-in. rectangle. Cut widthwise into 3-1/2-in. strips.
- Spread 1/2 cup of sausage mixture down the center of each strip. Fold pastry over and press edges together to seal. Cut each roll into six pieces.
- Place seam side down on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining paprika. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Aussie Sausage Rolls
Sort By :
"This is the very first recipe I ever made using puff pastry. I turned out fantastic and is now one of my go to apps! I highly recommend it."
"was a hit with the men in my family-next time I will add shredded cheese."
"My family has requested these at Christmas for the past 7 or 8 years. They are a big hit. The first year I made them, I accidentally used cayenne pepper instead of paprika. A delicious mistake! I now make half of them spicy and half not."
"I made these for my BBQ on Sunday and they were a big hit with everyone. These are simple and delicious."