I was born and raised in Australia, but moved to the U.S. when I married my husband. When I long for a taste of home, I bake up a batch of these sausage rolls and share them with neighbors or co-workers.—Melissa Landon, Port Charlotte, Florida
- 1-1/4 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, onion, chives, basil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper. Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Roll each pastry sheet into an 11-in. x 10-1/2-in. rectangle. Cut widthwise into 3-1/2-in. strips.
- Spread 1/2 cup of sausage mixture down the center of each strip. Fold pastry over and press edges together to seal. Cut each roll into six pieces.
- Place seam side down on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining paprika. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Aussie Sausage Rolls in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p51
Reviews for Aussie Sausage Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review