Aunt Shirley's Liver Pate Recipe
While living in San Francisco, I developed this recipe to serve at our many get-togethers with friends. Now my nieces and nephews request my liver pate at family gatherings.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds chicken livers, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- Additional parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter. Add the chicken livers, onion, Worcestershire sauce and parsley. Saute over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. Transfer to a blender; process until smooth. Melt the remaining butter; cool to lukewarm. Add to blender and process until blended.
- 3. Pour into a 2-1/2-cup mold that has been lined with plastic wrap. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- 4. Before serving, unmold pate onto a chilled plate. Press olives on top of pate; garnish with parsley if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/4 cups).
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 250 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 357 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC