Aunt Ruth's Famous Butterscotch Cheesecake Recipe
""Aunt Ruth" was our nanny when I was little. She made this cheesecake often, many times as an after school project so I could help her. It was torture when my sister and I had to wait until the next day to have a piece since it had to chill overnight. Recently I visited my old neighborhood and stopped by her house. Sure enough, she offered me a piece of her wonderful cheesecake. I made sure to leave with a copy of the recipe!" Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream and crushed butterscotch candies, optional
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the milks and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pudding and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 5. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and butterscotch candies if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 473 calories, 30 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC