Aunt Ruth's Famous Butterscotch Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream and crushed butterscotch candies, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milks and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pudding and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and butterscotch candies if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Aunt Ruth's Famous Butterscotch Cheesecake
Sort By :
This cheesecake was terrible... I've been making cheesecakes for over 30 years and never had one flop... This one didn't set up properly, but thought we could eat it anyway... the taste was even bad.. will not make again...
I have some real butterscotch fans in my family, so this was definitely a recipe that caught my eye. It was not hard to make, and it tasted great. I can see lots of fun and likely tasty variations from changing out the flavor of the pudding mix used.
cheesecake make the day and this one tops the list as yummy the only hard thing about this recipe is the wait while it chills over night.
This cheesecake helped make me famous among my coworkers and my family. It is the MOST FANTASTIC recipe and it is simple, as well. A double winner in my book! :)
Never made a cheesecake with sweetened condensed milk or had to put the pan in a water bath so it was a 1st. I made 2 to freeze for the holidays and they turned out great. The only thing I noticed is that the crust crumbled very easy compared to other cheesecakes I've made. Maybe just needs a bit more butter or something. I doubled up on the foil just to be safe water would not leak in and it was great.