Aunt Rose's Peach Cobbler Recipe
I like to serve this comforting cobbler warm from the oven with ice cream on top.—Lyllus McHargue, Monroe, Michigan
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) sliced peaches, drained
- 7 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Place the peaches in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cut each slice of bread into four strips; place over peaches.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, butter and egg; mix well. Spread over bread. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Aunt Rose's Peach Cobbler
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC