Aunt Rose's Peach Cobbler
I like to serve this comforting cobbler warm from the oven with ice cream on top.Lyllus McHargue, Monroe, Michigan
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) sliced peaches, drained
- 7 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place the peaches in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cut each
- slice of bread into four strips; place over peaches.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, butter and egg; mix well. Spread
- over bread. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm
- with ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.