Aunt Rose's Fantastic Butter Toffee Recipe
- 2 cups whole unblanched almonds (about 10 ounces), divided
- 11 ounces milk chocolate, divided
- 2 sticks sweet butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Spread almonds in a pan and toast in 350° oven for about 10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally. Cool nuts. Grind milk chocolate fine in food processor- do not over process. Set aside.
- Chop nuts coarse in food processor. Sprinkle 1 cup nuts over bottom of greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. jelly roll pan. Sprinkle 1 cup ground chocolate over nuts. Set aside.
- In heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar and water; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 290° (soft-crack stage).
- Very quickly pour mixture over nuts and chocolate. Sprinkle remaining chocolate over toffee; top with remaining nuts. Chill and break into pieces. Yield: about 2 lbs.
Reviews for Aunt Rose's Fantastic Butter Toffee
Sort By :
Wonderful recipe, but I was wondering if it could be made with other nuts like pecan, walnuts, macadamia, etc.
Looks beautiful in that jar, and a perfect recipe for the Holidays.
Thanks to all who respond!
I make this by the batches at Christmas time and give it as gifts. Everyone asks for the recipe. It is by far the best candy I have ever made!
This is the best! I have given it for gifts several times and always have rave reviews. It is very easy to make. I like to make it in a 9x13 pan for a little thicker toffee, but that is just my personal preference. Thank you Aunt Rose wherever you are.
This is wonderful. I had a little problem with trying to get it to cover the pan...guess it is not enough to cover but still wonderful.
This toffee is not only wonderful to eat, it isn't even difficult to make. I have taken to the state fair in Nebraska several times and never failed to come home with a ribbon!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >