Aunt Nellie's Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the peanut butter, cheese and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat. Gradually stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until blended (mixture will be thick).
- 3. Spread into prepared pan. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- 4. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 pounds.
1 piece equals 69 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Aunt Nellie's Peanut Butter Fudge
"Would you need to keep this refrigerated because of the cheese?"
"I think some bagged confectioners' sugar comes in 2 lb packages."
"I am confused by the amount of confectioners' sugar the recipe calls for. One package of sugar is 1 lb ---- two packages is 2 lbs. Which is correct?"