- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add jam and
- buttermilk; beat until well blended. Sift together dry ingredients;
- add to batter. Beat on low just until combined. Stir in the raisins,
- pineapple and pecans.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing
- to wire racks.
- For icing, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown
- sugar and milk; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Cool just
- until warm; beat in enough confectioners' sugar until icing achieves
- spreading consistency. Add more sugar for thicker icing; more milk
- to thin it. Frost cooled cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 694 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 105 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.