Aunt Marion, my namesake, is like a grandma to me. She gave me this luscious salad recipe, which goes to all our family reunions, hunt club suppers and snowmobile club picnics...and I go home with no leftovers!
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 unpeeled red apples, cut into bite-size pieces
- FRUIT SAUCE:
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large bowl, combine fruits; set aside. Whisk sauce ingredients until smooth. Gently fold into fruits. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Aunt Marion's Fruit Salad Dessert in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p86
Reviews for Aunt Marion's Fruit Salad Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review