- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place sweet potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, make topping by combining flour, brown sugar, oats and salt; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Beat until mashed. Add sugar, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla; beat until combined. Transfer to a broiler-safe 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle topping over potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, until topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows. If desired, broil 4-5 inches from heat, 30-45 seconds or until marshmallows are puffed and golden. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Aunt Margaret's Sweet Potato Casserole in Taste of Home November 2016, p16
Reviews for Aunt Margaret's Sweet Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review