- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Spread half into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter on top; sprinkle with remaining topping. Gently swirl topping through batter with a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Aunt Lillian's Crumb Cake
Sort By :
"Don't know why, but mine came out dry ..... Tasted good, but disappointed"
"I made this for our Sunday School class and they all loved it. So moist and tasty...definitely will make again."
"Thank you so much for sharing!"
"Great recipe.... delicious."
"have made this cake for years but it is much better without the walnuts and coconut!!"