Aunt Lillian's Crumb Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Spread half into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter on top; sprinkle with remaining topping. Gently swirl topping through batter with a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Aunt Lillian's Crumb Cake(4)
Sort By :
I have used walnuts also tried it with pecans, my boys like carrot cake so I put some carrots in with the walnuts they enjoyed it will make as stated in future for myself
I have made this twice for friends and I am asked for the recipe repeatedly. The cake is very moist and deliciuos! I exchanged the walnuts for pecans and omited the coconut.
Excellent cake, good cold as well as warm. Would definetly make this again! Did use pecans in place of walnuts though.
This recipe is simple and delicious. I did not have any cococut but it came out just as delicious. I will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Coconut Cake >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >