Aunt Jane's Beef Stew Recipe
The aroma of this classic beef stew is irresistible, making it impossible not to dig in the moment you walk in the door.—Rosana Pape, Hamilton, Indiana
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 6 medium parsnips, chopped
- 4 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cups drained diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all the ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Aunt Jane's Beef Stew
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC