- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 6 medium parsnips, chopped
- 4 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cups drained diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Aunt Jane's Beef Stew in Complete Freezer Cookbook bookazine 2012 2012, p64
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Aunt Jane's Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review