Aunt Hazel's Grits Casserole Recipe
THIS RECIPE belonged to my husband’s great aunt and we think she clipped it from a newspaper. The unusual casserole quickly became a family favorite, often requested at reunions, birthday or holiday dinners. Even though the recipe was shared with many, nobody could quite duplicate Aunt Hazel’s most popular dish.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup corn chips, crushed
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, butter, egg substitute, garlic powder and pepper sauce.
- 3. Pour into a small greased baking dish. Sprinkle with corn chips. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Aunt Hazel's Grits Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC