Aunt Fran's Goulash
When I was a young girl, Aunt Fran always made this when we went to visit...my brother and I would have been disappointed if she didn't because it was our favorite. It's quick to make on busy days, and also freezes well.—LaVergne Krones, Matteson, Illinois
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Dash pepper
- 8 ounces spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, soup, tomato sauce, beans,
- bouillon, water and pepper. Add cooked noodles and beef; heat
- through. If desired, garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 436 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 816 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a