When I was a young girl, Aunt Fran always made this when we went to visit...my brother and I would have been disappointed if she didn't because it was our favorite. It's quick to make on busy days, and also freezes well.—LaVergne Krones, Matteson, Illinois
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Dash pepper
- 8 ounces spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, soup, tomato sauce, beans, bouillon, water and pepper. Add cooked noodles and beef; heat through. If desired, garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Aunt Fran's Goulash in Country Ground Beef 1993, p75
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Aunt Fran's Goulash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review