- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Dash pepper
- 8 ounces spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, soup, tomato sauce, beans, bouillon, water and pepper. Add cooked noodles and beef; heat through. If desired, garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Aunt Fran's Goulash
Sort By :
"Finally a Goulash recipe that doesn't have spaghetti sauce in it! This is much closer to what my mother used to make 45 years ago. I don't remember my mother having beans in hers though! I can't wait to try this!!!"
"My picky kids and I love it when I made the following changes: 1 lb hamburger, 1 lb turkey, 1 15 oz can tomato sauce, 1 1/2 beef bouillon granules, 1 tsp Mrs. Dash, a little bit of sugar, a dab of Worcestershire sauce"
"I added fresh & dried basil & oregano leaves to punch the flavor, but it needed more or fresher herbs. It was easy and a different use for ground beef."
"This is pretty bland, will not make again."
"Making this tonight. Using sausage in place of ground beef. Plan on adding chopped celery and carrots as did another lady."