Aunt Fran's Goulash Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Dash pepper
- 8 ounces spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, soup, tomato sauce, beans, bouillon, water and pepper. Add cooked noodles and beef; heat through. If desired, garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Aunt Fran's Goulash
Sort By :
I added fresh & dried basil & oregano leaves to punch the flavor, but it needed more or fresher herbs. It was easy and a different use for ground beef.
This is pretty bland, will not make again.
Making this tonight. Using sausage in place of ground beef. Plan on adding chopped celery and carrots as did another lady.
Quick and simple, but underspiced. My grandson liked it that way, but I added HOT salsa and a dab of sour cream to my portion, making it a bit more lively!
I love this recipe. It reminds of the goulash I had when I was a young girl. Absolutely delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >