Aunt Edith's Baked Pancake
"MY AUNT made a mighty breakfast that revolved around 'The Big Pancake'. I always enjoyed watching as she poured the batter into her huge iron skillet, then baked the confection to perfection in the oven.
"The delicious result defied description! It was a sort of combination pancake, waffle and cruller.
"Sprinkled with powdered sugar and garnished with wedges of lemon, this crispy, golden-
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Confectioners' sugar
- Lemon wedges
- In a bowl, beat eggs until very light. Add salt, flour and milk; beat
- well. Thoroughly rub bottom and sides of a 10-in. cast-iron or heavy
- skillet with butter. Pour batter into skillet. Bake at 450° for
- 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 5 minutes more or until
- set. Remove pancake from skillet and place on a large hot platter.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and garnish with lemon. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.