Aunt Betty's Blueberry Muffins Recipe
My Aunt Betty bakes many times each Christmas, but I look forward to these mouthwatering muffins the most. She gives me enough so that I can freeze and enjoy them for weeks. —Sheila Raleigh, Kechi, Kansas
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine oats and orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Beat in the egg, oil and sugar until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into oat mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 208 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC