- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine oats and orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Beat in the egg, oil and sugar until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into oat mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Aunt Betty's Blueberry Muffins
"Absolutely love this recipe!!! I have made this dozens of times as written and then decided to vary the fruit and juice..... tried lemonade with fresh lemon zest and added raspberries. Another hit!! Thanks for sharing!!!!"
"Excellent. Not a big blueberry fan but I loved these. So did my family. I especially like the oatmeal and the Orange juice. Really made the difference."
"My new favorite. Everyone loved these moist and tender muffins and asked for more. It?s a keeper."
"very good. also used 3/4 c. sugar."
"I like to double or triple this recipe when blueberries are in season and then freeze the muffins. They are not overly sweet but taste wonderful."