Aunt Anne's Best Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each minced fresh thyme, marjoram, basil and rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, thyme, marjoram, basil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken. Place in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with onion.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 179° adding wine after the first 15 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 262 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Aunt Anne's Best Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.