Aunt Anne's Best Chicken
Molly Seidel of Edgewood, New Mexico says her Aunt Anne can turn preparing an ordinary meal into an art form. “This chicken bakes up juicy and tender, and the tantalizing aroma is enough to make anyone’s mouth water,” Molly says. “My husband requests it often.”
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each minced fresh thyme, marjoram, basil and rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, thyme, marjoram, basil,
- rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken. Place in a
- 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with onion.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes on each side or until a
- meat thermometer reads 179° adding wine after the first 15
- minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 262 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as