- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each minced fresh thyme, marjoram, basil and rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, thyme, marjoram, basil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken. Place in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with onion.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 179° adding wine after the first 15 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Aunt Anne's Best Chicken
"Making (first time) for Sunday dinner. Given that tasteofhome recipes are *supreme* (IMO), this gets a **5**."
"This was good but the wine sauce was too thin so next time I will thicken it up with butter."
"I thought this was a little too herby, and it seemed to be missing something."
"I did a mixture of butter and olive oil, then added in a small amount of seasoning salt, and Emeril's essence. I also used a combination of minced garlic & garlic powder. Very easy to make."
"My husband thought the mixture of herbs was a little too much but I thought it was an easy and pleasant recipe."