Aunt Anne's Best Chicken Recipe
Molly Seidel of Edgewood, New Mexico says her Aunt Anne can turn preparing an ordinary meal into an art form. “This chicken bakes up juicy and tender, and the tantalizing aroma is enough to make anyone’s mouth water,” Molly says. “My husband requests it often.”
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each minced fresh thyme, marjoram, basil and rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, thyme, marjoram, basil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken. Place in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with onion.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 179° adding wine after the first 15 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Aunt Anne's Best Chicken in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p25
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Aunt Anne's Best Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2012
Making (first time) for Sunday Dinner. Given that tasteofhome recipes are *supreme* (IMO), this gets a **5**.