"This easy entree will please adults and children alike," promises Laura Starkey of Manhattan, Kansas. "I made it often as a college student, decreasing the number chops to two so I would have great-tasting leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day."
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine potatoes and sauce mix according to package directions. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange chops over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices run clear and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle cheese and bacon over chops. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Au Gratin Taters N Chops in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p43
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Au Gratin Taters N Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review