Au Gratin Taco Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the potatoes and contents of sauce mix, corn, tomatoes, milk, water and taco seasoning. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 373 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1113mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Au Gratin Taco Bake
"extremley fast and easy to make. will make again."
"Fast, easy, economical and delicious!"
"Very tasty and so easy to make."
"This was very good and easy to make. Great served with tortilla chips."
"This was so easy, cheap and full of flavor. We loved it. I added a whole pkg. of taco seasoning and onion. Shredded lettuce and a bit of sour cream on top. Will make this more often."
"Made this with jalapeño deer burger and loaded baked potato au gratin potatoes and it was delicious! My husband loved it so much he took all the leftovers to work the next day and he usually doesn't like leftovers."
"This is my go-to recipe when I have leftover taco meat. I use whatever canned tomatoes I have on hand and it always comes out perfect."
"this was pretty good! I love taco flavored things. Such an interesting combination that goes together well. I too will probably add green peppers and onion to the meat next time I make it to give it some more flavor but it was good! Thank you for a great quick meal to make!"
"I made this part way last night and have just put it in the oven today. I added onions to the meat and more of the taco seasoning since my family likes a little spice. It is just baking now I will let you know how it turns out. Very easy to make which was great."
"I agree that the meat needs onion. I will also substitute rotel tomatoes next time. Otherwise, quick, tasty & easy."
"This was SO easy! I used the McCormick Taco Seasoning and hot sauce and it had just enough flavor. Next time I will try it with onion, or maybe ROTEL tomatoes for a little kick."
"add some onion to the ground beef."
"This sounds very tasty. However, the Sodium: 1113 mg contentm, 1/2 teaspoon, for one serving is too much for anyone on a sodium-restricted diet. . .for that matter, for anyone!Sally"
"I will add a chopped onion to the meat while cooking, sounds very goodjneu"