"This hearty hot dish relies on a package of au gratin potatoes for simple preparation," notes Linda Muir of Big Lake, Minnesota. Chock-full of beef, potatoes, corn, tomatoes and cheese, this southwestern supper is sure to be a hit in your home.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the potatoes and contents of sauce mix, corn, tomatoes, milk, water and taco seasoning. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Au Gratin Taco Bake in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p41
Reviews for Au Gratin Taco Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review