Au Gratin Spinach 'n' Pork Recipe
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound pork chop suey meat
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil and butter until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. In the drippings, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Add spinach and garlic; cook and stir for 6 minutes or until heated through. Drain thoroughly. Stir in the lemon peel, fennel seed, salt, pepper, 1/3 cup Swiss cheese and bacon.
- 3. Place half of the onions in a greased 1-qt. baking dish; top with pork mixture and remaining onions (dish will be full). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until pork is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 292 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Au Gratin Spinach 'n' Pork
"I've been making this for years. It's a good way to use thin pork chop cuts when your sick of making them the old fashioned way."
"What is pork chop suey meat?"