Au Gratin Spinach 'n' Pork Recipe
This dish is nice and rich, which makes it a good choice when you crave comfort food. It's a complete family meal all by itself. With rolls and a salad, it's perfect company casserole.—Sandy Szwarc, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound pork chop suey meat
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil and butter until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. In the drippings, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Add spinach and garlic; cook and stir for 6 minutes or until heated through. Drain thoroughly. Stir in the lemon peel, fennel seed, salt, pepper, 1/3 cup Swiss cheese and bacon.
- 3. Place half of the onions in a greased 1-qt. baking dish; top with pork mixture and remaining onions (dish will be full). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until pork is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 292 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Au Gratin Spinach 'n' Pork
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC