Au Gratin Spinach 'n' Pork Recipe
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound pork chop suey meat
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil and butter until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the drippings, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Add spinach and garlic; cook and stir for 6 minutes or until heated through. Drain thoroughly. Stir in the lemon peel, fennel seed, salt, pepper, 1/3 cup Swiss cheese and bacon.
- Place half of the onions in a greased 1-qt. baking dish; top with pork mixture and remaining onions (dish will be full). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until pork is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Au Gratin Spinach 'n' Pork in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p88
Reviews for Au Gratin Spinach 'n' Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2013
"What is pork chop suey meat?"