- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil until lightly browned; drain. Add potatoes with contents of sauce mix and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 18-20 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Au Gratin Sausage Skillet
Sort By :
"This was ok. I used turkey sasauge and didn't add cheese on top to cut some of the calories. not that impressed"
"I did not remember the recipe when I was in the kitchen so followed the directions on the augratin box and added the milk and unsalted butter, it was very creamy and delicious, my neighbors enjoyed it as well. I noticed previous comments about being too salty, this was not salty at all. I am thinking that the milk and butter act as a catalyst and reduce the salt from the cheese powder and smoked beef sausage. Thanks! Going to try this with some turkey ham, and maybe even some thick chili."
"The family loved it! Its a keeper."
"Surprise! This is a great recipe. Was a little worried it would taste too much of 'fake' cheeseo-- it did not! Great taste and easy to put together. It is now on our Boy Scout camping menu rotation. They replace frozen veggies for canned to save ice chest room. Easy enough for teenagers to preprare and hearty enough for men to eat!!"
"Surprise! This is a great recipe! I was afraid that it would have a 'fake' cheese taste from the Au Gratin potatoes. It was delicious. This is now going to be in our Boy Scout camping menu rotation. It is easy to prepare and equally good with two cans of vegetables instead of frozen to save on ice chest room. Easy enough for boys to prepare and hearty enough for the men to eat!"