Au Gratin Sausage Skillet Recipe
Using frozen vegetables and a package of au gratin potatoes, I can get this satisfying stovetop supper on the table in no time. Even our oldest daughter, who can be a picky eater, loves it - and it is an excellent way of getting her to eat her vegetables. -Penny Greene, Lancaster, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil until lightly browned; drain. Add potatoes with contents of sauce mix and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 18-20 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add vegetables; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 660 calories, 47 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 2,093 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC