Au Gratin Sausage Skillet
Using frozen vegetables and a package of au gratin potatoes, I can get this satisfying stovetop supper on the table in no time. Even our oldest daughter, who can be a picky eater, loves it - and it is an excellent way of getting her to eat her vegetables.
-Penny Greene, Lancaster, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil until lightly browned; drain.
- Add potatoes with contents of sauce mix and water. Cover and cook
- over medium heat for 18-20 minutes or until the potatoes are almost
- tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes and
- vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat;
- cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: The milk and butter listed on the potato package are not used in this recipe.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 660 calories, 47 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 2,093 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.