Using frozen vegetables and a package of au gratin potatoes, I can get this satisfying stovetop supper on the table in no time. Even our oldest daughter, who can be a picky eater, loves it - and it is an excellent way of getting her to eat her vegetables. -Penny Greene, Lancaster, Ohio
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil until lightly browned; drain. Add potatoes with contents of sauce mix and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 18-20 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Au Gratin Sausage Skillet in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p29
Reviews for Au Gratin Sausage Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review