Au Gratin Potatoes
I love making homemade recipes for my family. This side dish compliments many main dishes and is so easy to make.Carol Van Sickle, Versailles, Kentucky
12 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 8 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 pound process American cheese, cubed
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water until done. Drain
- and place in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a saucepan, melt
- butter. Add the flour, salt and pepper; stir to form a smooth paste.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and
- stir for 1 minute. Add cheese; stir just until melted. Pour over
- potatoes. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until
- bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 270 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 656 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.