With hearty chunks of ham and red potato in a creamy cheese sauce, this dish appeals to all at any gathering.—Evie Pond, Ipswich, South Dakota
- 20 pounds red potatoes
- 8 pounds fully cooked ham, cubed
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups milk
- 6 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Place potatoes in several stockpots and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Peel if desired and cut into cubes. Place about 6 cups of potatoes in each of eight greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Add about 3-1/2 cups of cubed ham to each dish.
- In a the same kettles, combine the soup, flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the cheese, pepper and paprika. Reduce heat and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Pour about 2-1/4 cups of sauce into each pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8 casseroles (10 servings each).
Originally published as Au Gratin Potatoes and Ham in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p54
Reviews for Au Gratin Potatoes and Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review