- 20 pounds red potatoes
- 8 pounds fully cooked ham, cubed
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups milk
- 6 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Place potatoes in several stockpots and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Peel if desired and cut into cubes. Place about 6 cups of potatoes in each of eight greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Add about 3-1/2 cups of cubed ham to each dish.
- In a the same kettles, combine the soup, flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the cheese, pepper and paprika. Reduce heat and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Pour about 2-1/4 cups of sauce into each pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8 casseroles (10 servings each).
Reviews for Au Gratin Potatoes and Ham
Sort By :
It was easy to figure out how to make as many casseroles as you want. Just divide everything by 8. Easy to make.
An amazing dish for a crowd! Recipe can be cut in half for forty servings. Will make over and over. A big hit at church!
Used this for a fund raiser dinner at church. Everyone loved it so much we decided to serve again for the next one. Several asked for the recipe. Not hard to prepare. Served with baked apples, green beans, and rolls. Total prep and cooking time for the whole meal was around 2.5 hours.
Served this recipe for at a church Lenten dinner and it was received very well.