- 8 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 pound process American cheese, cubed
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water until done. Drain and place in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add the flour, salt and pepper; stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 1 minute. Add cheese; stir just until melted. Pour over potatoes. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Au Gratin Potatoes in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p19
Reviews for Au Gratin Potatoes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2013
I absolutely loved these potatoes. They were so delicious I had to get seconds.
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2010
I loved this recipe and was pleasently suprised with the flavor. The only thing I did was slice the potatoes instead of cube but I'll try cubed next time. Yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Budget Side Dish Recipes >