Au Gratin Potato Recipe
- 12 medium red or white potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Drain and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 2. Peel potatoes and coarsely shred. Combine the salt, pepper and garlic salt. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes and salt mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; pour cream over all. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until golden. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1/2 cup: 174 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Au Gratin Potato
"I made a half a batch of these potatoes to serve with our supper tonight and my husband and I really enjoyed them. I will definitely be making this again!"
"I have made this recipe for years, only adding more cheese since my family loves it...always receive raves!"
"Very fluffy potatoes. We used sharp cheddar, which we thought it needed. We also thought it needed more cream or milk or some melted butter. Even with those thoughts, the pan was still clean after dinner."