Au Gratin Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Cook in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 potato pancakes.
2 each: 267 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Au Gratin Potato Pancakes
"1st pot pancakes that came out well for me."
"Tastes GREAT! But mine fell apart. I might try again with a second egg and a little flour added. Maybe a little less salt as well, they were a tiny bit too salty for us."
"these were really good, a nice change from hash browns!"
"Don't flip until you are certain they have browned or else they become a mess but they taste great!"
"Loved this recipe! Sure beats the shredded kind by far! YUM!"
"My family really enjoyed this recipe. I have to confess that I had trouble frying them, but I think it was due to my inferior frying pan. I actually ended up throwing the potato mixture into a glass dish and baking it."