Au Gratin Potato Pancakes
Our judges declared these flavorful pancakes among the best they’d ever tasted! “They go especially well with barbecued ribs or chicken, but can substitute for almost any potato dish.” Cathy Hall - Phoenix, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in cheese.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Cook
- in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using
- remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 potato
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 267 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.