Au Gratin Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in cheese.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Cook in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 potato pancakes.
Reviews for Au Gratin Potato Pancakes(3)
Sort By :
Don't flip until you are certain they have browned or else they become a mess but they taste great!
Loved this recipe! Sure beats the shredded kind by far! YUM!
My family really enjoyed this recipe. I have to confess that I had trouble frying them, but I think it was due to my inferior frying pan. I actually ended up throwing the potato mixture into a glass dish and baking it.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >