Our judges declared these flavorful pancakes among the best they’d ever tasted! “They go especially well with barbecued ribs or chicken, but can substitute for almost any potato dish.” Cathy Hall - Phoenix, Arizona
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in cheese.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Cook in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 potato pancakes.
Originally published as Au Gratin Potato Pancakes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p33
Reviews for Au Gratin Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review