A friend gave me this recipe when I needed a potato dish for a potluck. That was many years ago, but I still get compliments whenever someone tries it for the first time.
- 12 medium red or white potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Drain and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Peel potatoes and coarsely shred. Combine the salt, pepper and garlic salt. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes and salt mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; pour cream over all. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until golden. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Au Gratin Potatoes in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p44
Reviews for Au Gratin Potato
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review