Like a stackable casserole, this cheesy pork chop bake has meat, potatoes and good-for-you green beans all in one dish. And besides the smiling faces you'll see, the best thing about this meal from Paige Austin of Walkerton, Indiana is that clean-up is a cinch.
- 2 packages (4.9 ounces each) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- Place dried potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the mushroom soup, 1 cup milk and contents of one sauce mix packet; pour over potatoes. Top with green beans and pork chops.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese soup, remaining milk and contents of remaining sauce mix packet; pour over pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Au Gratin Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p13
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Au Gratin Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review