Au Gratin Party Potatoes
When putting on a party for their American Legion Post, my father and uncle prepared this yummy potato dish. I've used the recipe for smaller groups by making a half or quarter of it. It's simple to divide.
-Crystal Kolady, Henrietta, New York
60 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 20 pounds potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 4 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 3 packages (16 ounces each) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Paprika, optional
- In several large bowls, combine potatoes, milk, cheese, butter, salt
- and pepper. Transfer to four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: about 60 (3/4-cup)
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.