Au Gratin Party Potatoes Recipe
When putting on a party for their American Legion Post, my father and uncle prepared this yummy potato dish. I've used the recipe for smaller groups by making a half or quarter of it. It's simple to divide. -Crystal Kolady, Henrietta, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:60 servings
- 20 pounds potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 4 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 3 packages (16 ounces each) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In several large bowls, combine potatoes, milk, cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Transfer to four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: about 60 (3/4-cup) servings.
3/4 cup equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC