When putting on a party for their American Legion Post, my father and uncle prepared this yummy potato dish. I've used the recipe for smaller groups by making a half or quarter of it. It's simple to divide. -Crystal Kolady, Henrietta, New York
- 20 pounds potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 4 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 3 packages (16 ounces each) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Paprika, optional
- In several large bowls, combine potatoes, milk, cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Transfer to four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: about 60 (3/4-cup) servings.
Originally published as Au Gratin Party Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p39
Reviews for Au Gratin Party Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2008
"I changed this recipe a bit for my son's graduation party. I used hash brown potatoes. I baked in oven and then dumped into nesco. They were wonderful!"