Au Gratin Hash Browns Recipe
Family gatherings wouldn't be the same without this dish. It has been a family favorite since my mother first found it. Now our son, a cheese lover, makes the side dish for nearly every family function. We love its rich taste.Kathy Brandenburg, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, onion, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, soup and 1/4 cup butter. Pour over potato mixture and mix gently to combine. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Toss cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Au Gratin Hash Browns in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p20
Reviews for Au Gratin Hash Browns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2010
Everyone loves these!