Au Gratin Garlic Potatoes
Cream cheese and a can of cheese soup turn ordinary sliced potatoes into a rich side dish that's perfect accompaniment to almost any meal.
Vine Grove, Kentucky
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form
- around side of saucepan. Remove from the heat. Add the soup, cream
- cheese, garlic, nutmeg and pepper; stir until smooth.
- Place the potatoes and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour the milk
- mixture over the potato mixture; mix well. Cover and cook on low for
- 6-7 hours or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with paprika if
- desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 206 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.