Au Gratin Chicken Chowder Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add the potatoes with contents of sauce mix, water, milk, broth, corn and bay leaf. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Reduce heat. Stir in the chicken, evaporated milk and bacon; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings (about 2 quarts).
1-1/3 cups equals 451 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,162 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Au Gratin Chicken Chowder
"it's a quick meal, but nothing special."
"My husband REALLY liked this! He is the pickiest one in the house, so that was GREAT! I did not have regular corn, so I used creamed style, and it was great."
"For a semi-homemade cook and working mom, this is a perfect recipe for a quick, filling dinner."
"My family really enjoyed this soup. We topped each bowl with cheese for a specail touch."