Everyone will want more of this quick and robust chowder. The flavor is unbeatable! Use up canned corn and packaged potatoes for an easy meal. —Ella Eberly, Englewood, Ohio
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add the potatoes with contents of sauce mix, water, milk, broth, corn and bay leaf. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat. Stir in the chicken, evaporated milk and bacon; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Au Gratin Chicken Chowder in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p17
Reviews for Au Gratin Chicken Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review