Au Gratin Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
"This is one of my favorite ways to fix potatoes," Lois reports. Slices are coated with a cheesy sauce and topped with golden crumbs. "We often serve it with baked ham on New Year's Day," she notes.
- 2 cups Basic White Sauce
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a saucepan, prepare a double recipe of the white sauce. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Gently stir in the potatoes until coated.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until crumb topping is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 291 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 678 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Au Gratin Cheesy Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC