Au Gratin Cabbage
MY HERITAGE is Russian, and I have always loved cabbage. My husband didn't like it at all - until I prepared it this way.
Since we're diet-conscious these days, I scaled down the cheese and use low-fat milk, but it's still delicious.
-Katherine Stallwood, Richland, Washington
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the cabbage,
- carrot and onions until for 7 minutes or crisp-tender. Transfer to a
- greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, Swiss cheese and seasoned salt.
- Pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 156 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.