Au Gratin Cabbage Recipe
MY HERITAGE is Russian, and I have always loved cabbage. My husband didn't like it at all - until I prepared it this way. Since we're diet-conscious these days, I scaled down the cheese and use low-fat milk, but it's still delicious. -Katherine Stallwood, Richland, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the cabbage, carrot and onions until for 7 minutes or crisp-tender. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, Swiss cheese and seasoned salt. Pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 156 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC