Au Gratin Beef Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper until met is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine beef mixture, potatoes with contents of sauce mix, soup and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the water and milk. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Au Gratin Beef Bake
Sort By :
"This tasted good to me- it's very homey and comforting. We added a little shredded cheddar cheese on the top."
"I changed this recipe up alot! I added three garlic pieces, diced mushrooms, salt and pepper, changed the water for the milk and then dropped the ingredients inside a pie shell. It was great! The whole family ate it up!"
"I thought this recipe was just "alright".Honestly it taketed about the same as hamburger helper just with more work"
"WAY too salty. I ended up turning the leftovers into a soup, and it still wasn't the biggest hit in my house. I won't be making it again."
"My kids hate casseroles. This one they not only liked but went back for more. I did modify it slightly. I baked it for 35 min then sprinkled mozzarella cheese on the top and baked it for 10 more min."