- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold Asti Spumante, divided
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 pizzelle cookies
- Additional whipped topping
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup Asti Spumante. Let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir until gelatin is dissolved. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the gelatin mixture, melted chocolate and 2/3 cup whipped topping. Beat until combined; fold in remaining whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, vanilla and remaining Asti Spumante. Beat mousse until light and fluffy. Serve with strawberries, cookies and additional whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asti & Strawberries Dessert in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p54
Reviews for Asti & Strawberries Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review