Asparagus Yeast Rolls Recipe
"I came across this recipe in a magazine," notes Margaret Peterson from Forest City, Iowa. "It sounded so good and easy, plus I like recipes with unusual ingredients. Whenever I serve the lovely moist rolls, folks can't believe they're eating asparagus!"
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 1 tablespoon mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/4 to 5-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh asparagus, cooked and drained
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in 2 tablespoons water; let stand for 5 minutes. Combine potato flakes and remaining water; add to yeast mixture. Add butter, sugar, eggs, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add the asparagus and enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Form dough into 2-in. balls and place in well-greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the outside of each roll before removing from pan. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 150 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Yeast Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC