Asparagus with Tarragon Lemon Sauce
With its fresh taste and minimal prep work, I'm sure you'll love this easy asparagus recipe. —Patricia Swart, Bridgeton, New Jersey
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- Dash salt
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine olive oil and flour.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the
- lemon juice, tarragon and salt. Serve with asparagus. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 83 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.